How can it be determined during setup that desktop shortcuts (icons) are not set when installing XPhone Clients?
- Open the MSI file of the XPhone Client Setup with the MSI tool "Orca" from Microsoft.
- Click on TRANSFORM in the menu bar and select NEW TRANSFORM
- Now navigate to the table "Shortcut" and delete the value "XPhoneDesktop" or "XPhoneTeamDesktop".
- Click on TRANSFORM in the Orca menu bar and select GENERATE TRANSFORM
- Save the MST file in the setup directory of the selected client, where the opened MSI file is located, e.g. under the name "RemoveShortcuts.mst".
- Open setup.ini file in the setup directory with a text editor. Change this section:
CmdLine=REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=voums TRANSFORMS="RemoveShortcuts.mst"
- Save the setup.ini
- Start the XPhone Client Setup
Article is closed for comments.