This behavior occurs when the call number fields in the database have been padded to the full data field length with spaces on the right or left side.
To enable caller identification for this database, proceed as follows:
- On the affected client, open the Windows Registry Editor.
- Change to the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\C4B\XPHONE40".
- Under this key you will now find another subkey, which has the name of the address book linked to the client. Change into this one and replace the value of the string "Lower" with "RTRIM" * , if the fields are filled with spaces after the actual content, or with "LTRIM" * , if they are filled with spaces before the actual content.
This entry causes spaces after (RTRIM) or before (LTRIM) the actual content to be ignored during caller identification. 3.
3. Restart the client and test the caller identification.
If caller identification still does not occur, test the behavior with the other value.
- If the values "RTRIM" or "LTRIM" do not solve the problem, you can also use the following value: "TRIM".